Friday, June 1, 2012

Starting June off Right

Do you ever get the feeling that the busier you are, the more you get done?
Even if you're tearing out your hair trying to get everything done,
or stressing about actually getting things done...
I feel that way a lot.


I look back on my first semester of college, when I took 15 credits and earned a 3.33 GPA.
All easy classes. And yet so much free time to mess around and do  no very little studying
Compare to last fall, when I took 23 credits and pulled of a 3.84 for the semester.
 
BAM. Quantiative Evidence that I do better when I'm busy.
Take that STAT's professor! 

Math Humor - couldn't resist!
 
With all that being said, I know that balance is key. Not biting off more than you can chew and such.
(Confession - last fall came close...)
 
So, since my summer seems to be a lot more open that I thought it was going to be, I'm going to try to keep up on some of my 101 goals (within moderation of course. It is still summer!)

Here are some I thought I'd focus on during the next month (or at least get started on)

June Goals!

- Complete a daily Bible Study
- 30 blog posts in 30 days (starting today!)
- Drink 32 oz of water a day
- Complete 2 random acts of kindness
- Write an appreciation letter to each of my family members
- Photograph the letters of my last name and frame them
- Start a sourdough starter
- Learn to play the guitar
- Take a yoga class (Starting June 7th!)

Hopefully this isn't too ambitions, but I think that I'll be able to work on these throughout the month.

Here's to a productive month
of pint night Wednesdays
of a high school friend's wedding (fun!)
of a potential visit to Maryland
of visits with friends in Des Moines
of exploring Ames by bike
of learning how to take pictures
and reading and writing and ...
...
Lots of stuff.

What does your June look like? 

P.S. 
Keep your eyes on this little blog.
Sister is going to set off on some European traveling in June, 
and she's going to try to post some pictures from 
Germany. Belgium. France. 
and all places inbetween. 
Keep her in your prayers!  


No comments:

Post a Comment