Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Revisiting 101

Recently, when I was home for graduation, I got to visit with one of my longtime good friends.
She expressed "concern" that I would never be able to finish my 101 in 1001 Days list.
Now, I haven't forgotten about this list.

I just haven't updated it in a long time.
And looking through to see what I can update - rather sad.
Pathetic might actually be a better word.

There's only a few things that have actually been accomplished.
So I'm going to try completing a few of the items on the list each month, just to help make things more manageable. Look out for my June goals in the next couple of days.  

But that being said, here's my "updated" list of accomplishment.

Keep checking back to see how the list changes month to month!

Writing
  1. Write a book of childhood stories
  2. 30 blog posts in 30 days (0/30)
  3. Mail 2 letters a week (0/104)
  4. Write a history of Maysville
  5. Write a letter to the editor
Reading
  1. Read 24 classics (0/24)
  2. Subscribe to Better Homes and Gardens
  3. Read through the Bible in a year
  4. Participate in a Daily Bible study
  5. Read 20 books suggested by others (1/20) 
    • The Paris Wife
Health
  1. Go to the gym twice a week
  2. Drink 32 ounces of water a day
  3. Take a yoga class - Starts June 7th!
  4. Take a dance class
  5. Run a 5k
  6. Do 10 pull-ups
  7. Do 100 crunches in quick succession
  8. Go waterskiing
  9. Fast for a week
  10. Do a detox
  11. Lose 20 pounds
  12. Become a certified first responder
  13. Spend a day at a spa
Inspirational
  1. Send my Mother flowers randomly
  2. Send my Grandmother flowers randomly
  3. Take a day at the Lady of the Prairie Retreat
  4. Write myself a letter to open on my wedding day
  5. Sponsor a child
  6. Complete 10 random acts of kindness (0/10)
  7. Write future hubs once a week
  8. Become a big sister through Big Brothers/Big Sisters
  9. Watch the sunrise and sunset in a day
  10. Volunteer at an animal shelter
  11. Leave an inspirational note in a library book
Family
  1. Write an appreciation letter to each of my family members (0/3)
  2. Have dinner with each member of my family (0/3)
  3. Have a Harry Potter marathon with Emily
  4. Family vacation to Minnesota
  5. Research my family tree
  6. Have an Anne of Green Gables marathon with Mom
  7. Visit Hannah
  8. Visit Andrea
Creative
  1. Make a wedding quilt for Megan
  2. Make a chalkboard calendar
  3. Build a bookshelf
  4. Learn to carve
  5. Make my own earrings
  6. Replace my charm bracelet
  7. Photograph the letters of my last name and frame them
  8. Finish 1 fair project a month (0/12)
  9. Sew an entire outfit
  10. Learn to knit
  11. Sew a cloak for Old Threshers
Food
  1. Try tofu
  2. Try 50 new recipes (5/50) See links to Shrimp A La Betsy , Coffee Cheescake, Fruit Pizza, Royal Icing, and Beef Lasagna.
  3. Bake bread, light and airy
  4. Start a sourdough starter
  5. Serve a 3 course meal
  6. Experiment with grilling
  7. Cook a meal outside
  8. Plan out my menu for two weeks
  9. Can five kinds of produce (0/5)
  10. Plant a garden with 10 types of produce (0/10)
Fashion
  1. Buy a red dress and heels
  2. Complete a 30 in 30 challenge
  3. Post 20 fashion blog posts (0/20)
  4. Try a new hairstyle
  5. Get a manicure and a pedicure
  6. Get a makeover
Travel
  1. Visit North Carolina
  2. Visit Sedona
  3. Go camping in Yellowstone
  4. Visit a new winery
  5. Take a spontaneous road trip
  6. Go to Canada
  7. Spend a weekend in Chicago visiting Brennan
  8. Participate in RAGBRAI
  9. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast
  10. Spend a weekend at a resort
  11. Go to Hawaii
  12. Start a Europe Trip fund
  13. Attend the Old Threshers Christmas
Random
  1. Find a four leaf clover
  2. Host a board game night
  3. Create an online catalogue of my books
  4. Move into my own apartment
  5. Buy a new computer
  6. Get a pen pal
  7. See the Nutcracker
  8. Attend an Opera
  9. Get a dog
  10. Kiss in the rain
  11. Learn to play the guitar
  12. Take violin lessons
  13. Make a tutorial
  14. Create a budget
  15. Go one week without buying anything
  16. Go one week without TV
  17. Graduate
  18. Eat at 10 new restaurants (3/10) Black Market Pizza, El Azteca, The Cafe
  19. Go horseback rid

No comments:

Post a Comment