Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Freedom Float



Yesterday, I spent the afternoon on the water, floating with friends down the Skunk River.


Our group of seven set off a little before 3, and floated for about 3 1/2 hours down the river, laughing, talking, and enjoying the perfect weather (and water!) 


It was definitely one of my more memorable Memorial Days.


Even if my tube did let me down and found a sharp object somewhere along the way, I still enjoyed splashing through the water and scouting out rough patches for the rest of my group. It reminded me of summers going creek stomping with Hannah. And besides, a tube still holds air as long as you close off the hole!

Next time (for there will assuredly be several more floating trips this summer), I'm hoping for a higher water level, a stronger tube, and a waterproof radio. There's very little else that could make floating better!


4 comments:

  1. How about a waterproof camera so we can see some action shots?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got one you'd like to donate to the cause? :)

      Delete
  2. I SO wish we could've stayed for that! =( I will come back whenever you schedule the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'll keep you posted when we schedule another one. Or we'll just go the next time you're in town!

      Delete