Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Tuesday Visitor

I've been looking forward to Tuesday for a several days now. 
Ever since my Dad called and said
"Hey, would you like a visitor on Tuesday night?"
Am I really going to say no to that?! 

I was thrilled to have him in Ames for the evening. 
It's been almost a month since I last saw my parents,
and although I'm not near the homebody I used to be, 
I still love to see my family. 

It's a special treat. 
And that first hug when he {finally} got out of the car - 
priceless.

I'm so blessed to have him in my life.

We went out to eat at a little Mexican restaurant that's delicious. 
La Fuente's! 

We had a great time chatting, 
swapping school stories (me) and dog stories (Dad)
laughing, 
eating,
and just catching up on life in general. 

It was so relaxing and comfortable. 
No hurry.
Nowhere to be.
Just me and my Daddy bonding. 
Perfect. 

After supper, we came back to my house and hit the books. 
Dad studied and took a quiz for his first responder course, 
and I graded some quizzes that kept making me giggle with the funny answers. 

Sometimes, I wonder if the kids even bother reading their sentences to see if they make sense. 
But it sure kept Dad and I entertained....


Well, almost. There's only so much excitement the two of us can handle
 on a weeknight.
:)

3 comments:

  1. Awh! Love the photos of your daddy. :) It will bless him to read your kinds words too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your blog AND I miss you...XOXO I'm glad you had fun with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad for you!! I totally know what you mean about that first hug--my dad would always pick me up from Central for trips home (since I didn't have a car), and I remember those hugs. Then we'd drive home listening to his silly songs and rock & roll from the 50s and 60s (and, my senior year, his German music)! I miss those drives!

    ReplyDelete