Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Europe

It's hard to believe in less than 3 days, I will be leaving Iowa to spend FIVE glorious weeks in Europe. Three in London, where I'll be living with fellow Iowa State students during our London, Literature, and Theatre course, and two weeks touring a little more of London, Paris, Germany, and Belgium with my lovely Mom. We're fortunate to have family, both close and extended, who are in Germany and Belgium, which takes some of the stress of finding lodgings off our plates.

Even though I've been gone from home for five weeks before, I've always been about three hours from home. Perhaps this is one of the many reasons I'm more nervous about this trip than excited. However, the more I think about it, the more my excitement grows. My guess is it'll be a full out battle to see if excitment or nerves win out on Thursday at the airport.

Rather than save all my stories for when I come home, I hope to post daily (or as close to daily) reports about what I'm doing, complete with pictures. This way, even those people who can't come see my pictures (such as family in other states) may still get the whole experience.

Plus my Mom will just love it. An online scrapbook = awesome.

In a nutshell, this blog will not permanently be a 'travel blog.' It will be for the next 5 weeks, and maybe occasionally when I do other traveling. But hey, it's a blog about me and my life, so who says travel can't be included?

For now though, I'm going to enjoy the cooler-than-normal temps, sunshine, the quiet office, the pup, old faithful Lena, family, and the farm a few more times before I leave. Oh, and maybe another walk or two down to the creek with the dogs. If anyone needs therapy, try walking to a creek with dogs. Preferably through a field, but down a road works too. People who live in the city, you're missing out. This kind of walk not only gets you exercise and exposure to the great outdoors, but it's peaceful and calm. The dogs provide enough company so you don't feel alone, yet they don't cloud up the air since they will not talk back.

I hope everyone enjoyed that tangent - kinda fun huh? Like walking to a creek.....

No comments:

Post a Comment