Friday, May 13, 2011

Blessings

Just a short note to conclude today. . .

It's amazing how much love can be found in one community. Tonight was NS's Got Talent, a benefit for the David Kintigh, who's in his second battle against cancer. At least 30 acts performed throughout the evening, which also included a silent auction, bake sale, white elephant sale, and 50-50 raffle.

Stacie and David Kintigh
When Stacie, my beloved speech coach from NS and David's husband, got up to thank the audience and organizers of the events, she mentioned how this event wouldn't have happened if the NS community hadn't been as giving, prayerful, or loving as it is. She thanked God for bringing her home to our community, and I couldn't agree more.

One particular performance touched me, both in relation to the Kintighs, but also personally. I feel like the lyrics to the song "Blessing" are important for anyone facing struggles or trials. Hard as it may be, perhaps God has a greater plan.

So, while I continue to pray for David's health, for the health of my Aunt Veronica, and for those who are also struggling with cancer, I'll remember this song's lyrics, and think of them when I face my own struggles. 

May God bless and keep everyone tonight, tomorrow, and in all future endeavors. And remember to ask yourself:

What if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this night, are Your mercies in disguise?

No comments:

Post a Comment